Upgrading 36bowfront to a 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raleighfishnerd

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got my new stand for my 55 so the build is on. New sand should be arriving today or tomorrow. Going to be using a 20g sump and a 10g fuge. Till I get those built will be using two emperor 350s. Inhabitants will be two green spot puffers splendid dottyback and either a flame angel or coral beauty and there are two chocolate chip starfish in the 36 that will be joining also thinking about some kind of hawkfish and something for a bottom dweller

Just got shipment update sand is delivered! Can't wait to leave work now.

Awesome? nothing better then getting stuff for a new tank. I came home and found my new light a day early

A lot of people tell you the 55 footprint is the best, but honestly I love mine.
It's a new system and all, but scaping was easy. It's just tall and long enough. And there is still enough room for fish to swim in circles and go under the rocks.. So much better then my 20g was.

Can't wait to get home today and start moving everything over from the 36!

Took a little longer than expected but rock is in and fish are acclimating. Unfortunately one of my puffers went tile surfing and I didn't notice him :( RIP puff.

After a month tank is doing great added a file fish to try and help with my terrible aptasia problem and two days later not a single one was left. Couldn't believe it I have been killing 5-15 a day just to see twice as many a couple days later. He is doing great and will eat anything I put into the tank including a toadstool leather that was stuck to one of the rocks.

Sent from my iPhone usin

Just got a text from a friend of mine and his 120g's back panel just gave out and he is going to give me his stand and canopy for free. Just what someone with mts needs, a reason to get a new tank. Well...I did just shut down three freshwater tanks hahaha my girlfriend is gonna kill me.

Sent from the Death Star

Back
Top Bottom