Upgrading everything, couple questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tazman282

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a new light fixture but have yet to figure out how to mount it. It is designed to be hung from the ceiling but mine are way to high and tre style, looking for suggestions on mounting options. Also how high off the water should it be. The light is:

2 x 250W, 10k metal halide lights (ice white)
2 x 55W compact fluorescent actinic blue bulbs
2 x 55W compact fluorescent 6750k white bulbs
2 LED blue moonlights.

The tank is a 72 gal Bow.

I didn't really do enough research starting out and wish I would have pre drilled and had some sort of sump but I don't so what would you suggest on setup changes or additions.

Currently have a hang on back remora pro w/mag 3 skimmer.
A dual bio wheel filter
About 60 lbs of porous live rock and 20 lbs of base rock.
1inch of sand.

Currently stocked with
a somewhat aggressive Flame Angel
Foxface
2 clown fish
blue tang
2 pepperment shrimp
3 snails
2 hermit crabs

How many more fish could I add comfortably?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I have an inch long blue tang in my 75g, but I'm planning on returning it when It gets too big. It should be fine in your tank if it's not too big for a while. I honestly don't think you could add much more. You should focus on coral now, with that awesome light fixture. Get some acropora in there lol

Finally figured out how to mount light but not sure how high off the water?

I would get it just high enough so that the lights don't start leaking onto the walls. It would be like 6" or so from the water. It also helps the water not heat up because of the lights.

Back
Top Bottom