Upgrading tanks (sort-of)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milhous3er

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, I've been keeping my tank (a 38 gallon) for about 4 months now. No problems except the small amount of HA that i'm battling right now. Only 1 casualty, a 6line wrasse that fell victim to my purple pseudochromis. All my params are straight-
0-ammonia
0- 'trites
0- 'trates
8.2- ph
0- phosphates

I'm switching to a 40 gallon breeder (the tank I should have got in the first place) and switching substrates from CC to aragonite sand. I plan on doing this during the upcoming weekend. Should I just buy a big rubbermaid to keep my livestock in ?? Should I keep the water out of my 38 ?? I want to let the sand settle at least 24 hours, i've been reading that it doens't really bother the fish. But will it bother the zoas and shrooms i currently have ??

Any other good advice that i might be overlooking ?? Thanks and i'll post pics when I get the new tank up !!

When I switched over to my 125 gallon tank I put the sand in first. Used inflated trash bags to pour the water on so as not to stir up the sand that much. After the LR was added from the other tank then added the fish and corals and they did OK. You are using new sand right?

Back
Top Bottom