Urchins??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello i am starting a 30 gallon salt and i really want some type of urchin! I have medium lighting, and i liked the tuxedo urchin and pincushin urchin. I do not know much about them so i was wondering if i could get 1! Thanks

Are you planning to keep corals? I heard they're not coral friendly. They're pretty cool though.

Most urchins eat coraline algae once their food supply of regular algae is gone.

Yes i would keep many corals! I really want a urchin, and i like the blue tuxedo one the most i think. I would be willing to hand feed him

Yes i would keep many corals! I really want a urchin, and i like the blue tuxedo one the most i think. I would be willing to hand feed him

If you think he is going for the coraline, you could put some nori to feed him that is if you don't want him eating the coraline

I've had one for 7 months. He occasionally knocks a coral off a rock but other than that he just cruses around eating. I did see him eat a patch of coraline but it was back in days. I like mine, they're just neet looking...

Back
Top Bottom