Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-16-2003, 10:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to jester Send a message via Yahoo to jester
urgent

ok guys im ordering a yellow tang a blue dot puffer and a midsa blenny is there one type of food i can give them like a blended food for herbivores and omnivore and if there is can you tell me what it is called and hopefully Dr foster and smith have it or can you just tell me what kinds of foods i can get for them thanks JEster i really want to order today

my tank for now is a 60g with a little live sand and then just play sand I got 80 pounds of live rock now I have a wet dry with no bio balls and a protein skimmer and uv steralizer I have power compacts 260 watts I have 1 damsels 1yellow tang 1 flame angel one yellow strip maroon clownfishand and a feather duster and a bulb anemones that the clown lives in and colony polops and some kenya tree corals and 2 fire shrimp snails and hermit crabs and some other crabs

i just got a 40g with like 6 inches of live sand and it is loaded with corals and inverts it was given to me by a friend she had it for 3 years there is a brain coral wellsophyllia and a platygyra brain worm coral green striped mushrooms and red mushrooms yellow colony polyp and button polyp and some type of hard coral not sure what it is also alot of kenya tree oh ya and 2 giant star fish
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 11:04 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
for the tang you can get dried algae sheets or also known as NORI.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 11:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks there is no blend of food i can give them that sucks
my tank for now is a 60g with a little live sand and then just play sand I got 80 pounds of live rock now I have a wet dry with no bio balls and a protein skimmer and uv steralizer I have power compacts 260 watts I have 1 damsels 1yellow tang 1 flame angel one yellow strip maroon clownfishand and a feather duster and a bulb anemones that the clown lives in and colony polops and some kenya tree corals and 2 fire shrimp snails and hermit crabs and some other crabs

i just got a 40g with like 6 inches of live sand and it is loaded with corals and inverts it was given to me by a friend she had it for 3 years there is a brain coral wellsophyllia and a platygyra brain worm coral green striped mushrooms and red mushrooms yellow colony polyp and button polyp and some type of hard coral not sure what it is also alot of kenya tree oh ya and 2 giant star fish
Old 10-17-2003, 09:30 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Well for the fish you describe they all have some unique dietariy needs. For example the tang will be most happy with a more vegitarian diet with occasional meaty supplments. The puffer is more likly the opposite (I have not kept that puffer so I cant say for sure but I do belive puffers as a whole like more meaty foods).

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 02:44 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

curious jester why you think is sucks that ya cant feed them all one thing !! kinda lost for words on that comment !! as for the tang and the nori that can be a pain but if your good about putting it in the tank for him at all times you will find that you will have one healthy tang out of the deal !! now mine for some reason loves to eat from the bottom of the clip out which then leaves big pieces to come lose but other than that no biggy
Old 10-17-2003, 06:58 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

i just said it sucks cause it would be easier if i could feed them once a day with one food like a blend and i dont trust my girlfriend to feed them when im not home but it is no big deal just a bad choice of words thanks for all the info guys

Old 10-17-2003, 07:19 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester
i just said it sucks cause it would be easier if i could feed them once a day with one food like a blend and i dont trust my girlfriend to feed them when im not home but it is no big deal just a bad choice of words thanks for all the info guys
the tang will want too be always feeding on some thing, the puffer might be fine with 1 or 2 feedings but if its hungary it will just try eating your other fish, i know what you mean about the g/f not feeding them right thats why i put a certain amout of food into a bag in the freezer so she cant mess it up, mabey try that.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:40 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

ya thats what i was thinking can someone give me some good brands of food and like the actual food u guys feed yours i am brand new to this and i want to get the right food for every fish and make sure i start off right thanks again guys this place is great

Old 10-17-2003, 07:55 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

omega one makes good flake foods my yellow tang liked them it ate mysis shrimp and brine shrimp, julian sprungs sea veggies(green sea weed) i never had a puffer but im sure it would eat what i feed my trigger, he gets squid, octopus, frozen krill, frozen/live mysis shrimp, frozen brine shrimp, hermit crabs, what ever snail is on sale at my lfs and scallopes it also eats the sea veggies
Old 10-19-2003, 09:35 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to astride13
I feed all my fish blender mush, including my tangs. I also put a small algae sheet in every other day. (I alternate between Sea Veggies and Nori) When ever I cook seafood, which is about twice a week, I chop upa few pieces of shrimp/scallops/fish/etc a toss it in.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com