Urgent! Need a chiller quick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure where to get the chiller, but some ice cubes should help lower the temp.

JBJ arctica makes good quality chillers. Chillers are not cheap! Temporarily, try blow fans across the water and putting bagged ice cubes in the tank!

Thanks I'm going to get chiller ASAP tomorrow. The tank went up to 88 but got it down to 85 and dropping... Nervous! I don't have any fish but I do have a few crabs and I feel awful. I put some ice in trash bags and stuck them in to help.

I would just advise to watch the news every morning, if its going to be hot, turn on a fan before you leave

Saw a link for some cooling fans on ebay, what do you guys think?

Metal Halide Aquarium Chiller Cooling Fan (6 fan) +gift | eBay

It would probably work but one thing to consider is operational life span of those fans.

I need operate a fan over my reef tank continuously to offset the heat generated by powerheads and other circulation devices (rather than the room temperature of the home) and I used similar (but not the same) fans in the link you provided practically 24/7and they only last about 9-15 months (the fans I used cited a 12,000hr life span), and would require periodic replacement.

I eventually went to using a fan like this:
Sunlight Supply Air King 6 inch Clip on Fan (though, depending on your set up, a fan of this type may or may not be easy to place or position).

Be advised that fans cool via evaporative cooling so your water evaporation rate will increase considerably.

Back
Top Bottom