Used live rock ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking if buying 20kg of live rock from a fourm member.

The question is. Is it ok to add all this live rock at once. Will there be any negative effects from this? Thanks guys.

Be careful...you can get lots of little unwanted critters in rock. If you have a QT, you might want to let it sit in there for a week or so to see if anything crawls out...

Be careful...you can get lots of little unwanted critters in rock. If you have a QT, you might want to let it sit in there for a week or so to see if anything crawls out...

Yes it can!!

Mine had strawberry crabs in it and they ate my 2 cleaner shrimp and fire shrimp. Caught the first one and gave him to my LFS then a couple days later I found another one and got him too and then he went to the LFS also. Hard to beleive that they were able to hide so well and never even knew they were there until they had a buffet. Expensive lesson learned.

you can try doing a salt dip at sg 1.030 or higher and it will get the hitchhikers to release from the rock and then you can pick out what you want and what you dont want

you can try doing a salt dip at sg 1.030 or higher and it will get the hitchhikers to release from the rock and then you can pick out what you want and what you dont want

Thanks aquandew that's a brilliant idea? I doubt there's much In it considering he has it in a well established thank
Or does that matter even?

Thanks aquandew that's a brilliant idea? I doubt there's much In it considering he has it in a well established thank
Or does that matter even?

it all depends on what you want in your tank. some people like bristleworms, some dont. some crabs/shrimp will knock over/eat coral.

Back
Top Bottom