Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-27-2006, 08:16 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Never used it.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:33 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Has anyone used the before mentioned submersible all-in-one sterilizer. I am new to this hobby and am looking at this one for ease and convenience. Don't have room behind my tank for a HOB type sterilizer and don't know if I want to tackle trying to set up an in-line. I have a 100gallon FO tank, the manufacturer states that the unit is good for a 75 gallon, does anyone know if it will be sufficient in my size tank?

Old 11-17-2006, 01:51 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

I am new to SW, but when i asked the same question about the UV, the responses were the same, same people like it, others are not sure. I figured that it can't hurt to try, i brought this one:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...ousText=uv&N=2

It works pretty good, and even though i am in the middle of my cycle, it keeps the water clean! i had no Algea outbreaks, as i seen many report during their cycles. I got the 9W one, for $30, its not bad!!! So i just gave it a try!

Leo
Old 11-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yep, I saw that one as well, but it seems so impossibly inexpensive that I figured it must be lacking something. I might try the 24W one and see how it works. Does it have a power cord on it?
Old 11-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #15
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Yes it has to .

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty99
Yep, I saw that one as well, but it seems so impossibly inexpensive that I figured it must be lacking something. I might try the 24W one and see how it works. Does it have a power cord on it?
I thought the same thing, it was too cheap to be true. But i was surprised when i got the box. It comes with the light case, a small powerhead and a sponge filter, also it has another small box that hangs in the back of the tank to let you know if the light is one and if it's working.

I got the 9w because i have a 29gal with lots of natural filtration/skimmer/ and bio wheel. But you have to careful with the powerhead, if it's too fast it won't kill anything, if it's too slow it will warm up the water too much. Keep an eye on ur Temp when you get it

Leo

Tags
uv sterilizer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com