UV sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevefromga2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
quick question, would it be a bad idea in any way to have a UV sterilizer in a reef tank? i heard that it may be bad for a reef, but i'm not sure how it would be. i would think that it could only benefit a tank no matter what's in it.

IMO its a must. Wheather it s a FO or Reef. It controls algea and keeps bacteria and virus counts to a minimum.

what do you all think about a ro/di unit? which would benefit more to get? also, if i got a ro/di unit, how would i install it?

I would test your source water before investing in an RO/DI unit. You can yuse your regular test kit. I would also get a TDS meter to see what you have. If they are both clean, I would go for the UV.

If you need an RO/DI unit I would prefer that over a UV light. Good water added to your tank is much better. I have a garden hose adapter on mine and make mine in the tool shed outside.There are some good deals on ebay if you check. But as Scott said check out your water first.

Back
Top Bottom