vacuuming sand substate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gti_Leo

Aquarium Advice Addict
what is the best way to do its, and are there fish or cleaners that eat un eaten food an poop like there are with freshwater tanks? i know there are sand sifting starfish and gobies but do they actually eat the stuff or do they just stir it around for your filters to suck up

I have never vacuumed the sand. I let the CUC do their job. Nassirius snails travel in the sand cleaning it.

oh i thought snails and crabs just ate algee. i only have two clown fish, they have only been in my tanke for a week and a half and are just getting used to it now. they only really go after food that falls infront of them so alot falls to the bottom where they do not touch it and they tend to now stay only in the corner of my aquarium where the filter water flows so i have to feed them from an opening in the cover

i would try to increase the flow in your tank so that food doesn't accumulate in areas on the sand bed.

well i just added a tube to my powerhead to get the water circulating down low, its been doign a pretty good job, the thing is my tank is 21" tall and only 24" wide, i don't want to put to many power heads in and take up to much space and add eye sores. the movement of the water is pretty good. power head does 270 gph and i have two filters with an accumulated water movement of 480 gph

Back
Top Bottom