Vote Here to have me add the Coral Beauty or not!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keep the Coral Beauty in my reef tank?

• Total voters

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
As many of you know I am picking up a 125g Saturday. It has a few fish with it and one is a Coral Beauty. I have heard many different stories about them and reef tanks, but I understand ymmv.

I am going to let you decide if I should keep it in my reef tank. Vote away.

I answered this question as though I were answering it for myself. I had dreams of a coral beauty or a flame angel amongst my fish list from day one but can't even tolerate the idea of a coral nipper (nor the subsequent chase should it be a problem) in my tank. My corals are too precious to me to risk adding something that may some day take a liking to them.

One of the guys from my reef club had an angel of some sort who was a model citizen until he took a long weekend away. The fish took to the corals while he was gone and hasn't turned back from them yet. Now he's looking for a new home for the fish!

Its a gamble Rev, as you know. I would love to add a coral beauty to my reef but am just too leary. I have a flame that I needed to remove do a coral nipping behavior. It was a pain getting it out. I had to tear my reef apart completely to catch the fish. With angels I do not think it is a matter of "if", rather "when" they will become attracted to corals. They may not eat them, but the constant nipping will cause the coral to close up and not exspand properly.

I have had one in my reef for a couple years. I did catch her nipping once but that was the only time and she's been very well behaved ever since.

Coral Beauties are supposed to be reef safe... :roll: If nothing else just send it to me... :wink: Everyone I have talked to have said they haven't had problems with coral beauties.

I am thinking of adding one to my reef. My buddy just stuck one in his tank and at first I took the "Are you sure thats alright?" approach but its been in there for months and his tank is starting to look better than mine so not only am I growing a hair jealous of his reef, now i wish I had put one in my tank first. :)

Good luck on the big day Rev, im excited for you.

I'm going to buy one from my lfs pretty soon. they got them for sale at 17.99 each. they also have a half black angel and a rusty angel that look cool too.

I am not a reefer, but truly believe the CB is one of the prettiest dwarf angels. Mine certainy has a unique personality and I have never had and issues with other inhabitants.

Back
Top Bottom