Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Traded my two crabs for a coral banded shrimp, and got a cleaner shrimp.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My CB is cool! He never bothers my other shrimp and cleans well. Ive heard both good and bad from people about them. I usually try to feed him some of the frozen stuff while feeding my other fish as well (I intentionally put a nice piece infront of him to keep him happy). My fire shrimp and he don't bother each other at all.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_kaiser
My CB is cool! He never bothers my other shrimp and cleans well. Ive heard both good and bad from people about them. I usually try to feed him some of the frozen stuff while feeding my other fish as well (I intentionally put a nice piece infront of him to keep him happy). My fire shrimp and he don't bother each other at all.
So far mine has staked ground in a cave, only coming out at night and early morning. He always had his arms out, claws open as if ready to defend himself. Only runs at the fish if they try entering his space.

The cleaner shrimp is very cool, and fun. Hes got his cleaning station, always hanging out, eager to clean fish. Only thing is, none of the fish are interested in his services yet. If they swim real close, hes running out eager to clean, but just scared them away. If I place my hand in the tank, he comes swimming up with no problems of me holding him, the other fish just aren't clueing in I guess?
Old 08-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My coral beauty would get close to mine but the others were like "no way bub" and swim off. If you really want to make him "giddy" so to speak, get some of the frozen foods and give him a little chunk of it! THEY LOVE IT!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
My coral beauty would get close to mine but the others were like "no way bub" and swim off. If you really want to make him "giddy" so to speak, get some of the frozen foods and give him a little chunk of it! THEY LOVE IT!
I did try this, and after feeding there if often food on the rocks, he seems little interested though. I'll continue trying to entice him with provided food
Old 08-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkmrsteel

I did try this, and after feeding there if often food on the rocks, he seems little interested though. I'll continue trying to entice him with provided food
Mine go nuts over mysis... If I don't feed them first they run to my lps and try to rip it out of their mouths lol
Old 08-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Give him some time to adjust to the new environment. Mine hid for a little bit. He will get comfy and eat.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Give him some time to adjust to the new environment. Mine hid for a little bit. He will get comfy and eat.
Turns out he was molting, been much more comfortable in the tank now.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Mine did that too! I wonder what makes them do that? I had one die on me while molting once right after I brought him home. I'm glad he's happier! =)
Old 08-14-2012, 02:18 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

I remember reading that its very common for shrimp to molt after being introduced to a new tank. Something about the stress, and water condition change triggering it.

I at one time had three peppermint shrimp, who molted after adding, and where quickly made lunch by the wrasse.

Tags
clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com