Want to add another percula to tank!!! Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to add another percula clownfish to my 30 gallon reef that already has one in it. He is about 1 inch long and is pretty docile. I also have a damsel ( Not sure what kind ) and a green chromi. Please let me know how I can add another percula clownfish to my tank that already has one percula.

Thanks,
Josh

perc's are usually rather pasive so you might just need to redo the rock some to make the old clown accept the new clown with out much agression. Now the damsel could cause you problems.

I would also suggest one that is much smaller than the original. I realize it only 1" but any size difference will help. There is much less chance of aggression as the current clown will see the newer one as less of a threat.

Cheers
Steve

Our clown was definatley lonely. Perhaps it was his/her boistrous damsel tank mates. When we added antother clown to the tank what a difference. The original clown really came to life and even has the confidence now to exlore around the tank. It is recommended that you get the second on either smaller or larger than the original clown because they do change their sex similar to seahorses.

Does anyone have anyluck in breeding clownfish? What is the secret or best advice?

fishlips12 said:
Does anyone have anyluck in breeding clownfish? What is the secret or best advice?
Personally, I have never had mine bread but I believe that it has alot to do with what other fish are housed in the tank and how active the tank is. That is pure speculation but hopefully someone else will chime in with actual experience. Once they start though, they will reproduce quite regularly several times a year.

Cheers
Steve

are you adding the same kind of clows? i added a black percula to my tank with the true percula, and about 2 months later, the true started terrorizing the black.....maybe i just had a bad experience........anyone want a pretty true percula ;)?

I found out that I have a false percula on my recent visit to the LFS today, would all this work out still with the false percula? I also found out that my damsel is a Blue Devil!!! Hooray!

It is best not to mix clown species in the same tank so getting another ocellaris would be the best idea. They are also much more prone to captive breeding than other clown species.

Cheers
Steve

Clowns are very aggressive towards each other if different breeds stick with the ocellaris! I introduced 2 marrons at the same time they squabbled for quite some time and have come to love each other now! :D

Back
Top Bottom