Want to put together a list of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bpham80

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently started my tank and only have a couple damsels, 2 clowns, a lawn mower blenny and just added a yellow headed goby today. I decide I want to put together a list of working class fish for this tank, so each fish(or group) will have a job to do(I even make my fish work hard!) was hoping to get some ideas on here and get a list together so I can start buying fish ASAP. I have 110 gallon tank built in over flow, 20 gallon sump, ocean 125 skimmer mag return pump and two 120 watt led fixture(exotic sun)

Interesting concept, but what "work" did you have in mind? Beyond the possible "eating algae" or maybe "sifting sand", I'm kinda lost on other possible chores. A lot of that can be done between snails and/or crabs.

Odds are, the damsels will be aggressive as you add fish, so you might want to consider getting those out.

Im with todd get the damsels out. They will fit chase and cause problems. The clowns are damels also but they are usually a little less aggressive and will be fine. Get you a yellow tang they are good for algae. Get you some shrimp and snails for a clean up crew. A wrasse is always good to have I like the 6 line. 4 or 5 bluegreen chromis they will school and look really nice. Ive noticed having chromis all my fish come out morr espeically when feeding time bc they will destroy the food. You said you have gold headed goby I loved mine great fish dimond gobys are good too with those and most gobys have a lid they will jump out. Theres nothing worse then having you favorite fish on the floor when you wake up for work or school.

Damsels are coming out when I do pec Monday. By working I mean algae eaters aphasia eaters, nuiscanse pest eaters, sand cleaners etc. 6 line wrasse is a great idea I'm pretty sure they pick at aphasia. I do want a tang but im not thinking yellow, maybe powder blue. Need to find a few more types that will work. I'm pretty clos to maxed out on snails and hermits at this time.

Damsels are coming out when I do pec Monday. By working I mean algae eaters aphasia eaters, nuiscanse pest eaters, sand cleaners etc. 6 line wrasse is a great idea I'm pretty sure they pick at aphasia. I do want a tang but im not thinking yellow, maybe powder blue. Need to find a few more types that will work. I'm pretty clos to maxed out on snails and hermits at this time.

Just a heads up those powder blues can be super aggressive, especially in smaller systems

Thanks

Just a heads up those powder blues can be super aggressive, especially in smaller systems

Thanks for that advice I did know that tangs can be aggressive, that's why I was considering adding two(different types, i.e powder tang and hippo tang) at the same time. I have a 110 gallon do you think o e or two would be ok in that size?

The hippo make sure its not the yellow belly hippo they require bigger tank.

I would only do one. It depends but they could have some territory issues in a 110. I also would avoid the hippo in a 110. Yellow, kole, bristletooth, powder brown. All decent choices imo

I have a book that tells you and good mixture of fish in a certain size tank it has 2 75g setups they are peaceful aquariums.
one 90 gallon mixed aquarium
And one 100 gal predator aquarium.

If your interested in any of them ill give you list of fish just ask which one you want.

Perfect

I have a book that tells you and good mixture of fish in a certain size tank it has 2 75g setups they are peaceful aquariums.
one 90 gallon mixed aquarium
And one 100 gal predator aquarium.

If your interested in any of them ill give you list of fish just ask which one you want.

Perfect thanks I think the 90 would work best it's the closest to my tank size with out being a predator tank.

Ok what they have on the list is
3 zebra dartfish
2 ocelarris clowns
1 yellow shrimp goby
2 yellowtail damselfish
1 orante wrasse
1 lyretail hawkfish
1 pacific doublesaddle butterfly fish

Ill try to send what is says about this mixed aquarium

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130106_143056.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130106_143056.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 59
Idk I guess where is the fish are from different seas thats y it said mixed

Yea most arnt I wonder why it says mix? It has to be putting fish in the same.tank from different seas

Back
Top Bottom