want to start a nano reef help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
i really love the look of salt water tanks and wanted to mabye start one of my own no fish just coral rock and mabye inverts what would i be getting into if i entered salt water aquaria itd have to be a small tank mabye in the 10 range whats the avg priice for these things and a list of materials just so i have a idea if ii can even try and set one up

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

It depends on the set up but as I'm finding out early on bigger is better its gonna make every thing easier and it depends what kinda corals u wanna keep I've got a 5 gallon nano and its pretty basic and I think ive already spent $200 on it

Sent from my Droid desire using Aquarium

a 10G (with a light fixture for a reef) could be set up for under $200, a regular light just for seeing the fish would make it even cheaper

materials:
tank
filter
light
heater
powerhead
rock (base or live depending on what you want)
sand
test kit

besides the light and powerhead thats all you'll need to cycle the tank! sand isnt necessary either, but you get the point

azure bones said:
It depends on the set up but as I'm finding out early on bigger is better its gonna make every thing easier and it depends what kinda corals u wanna keep I've got a 5 gallon nano and its pretty basic and I think ive already spent $200 on it

Sent from my Droid desire using Aquarium

that's within mmy budget care to help?

iDreamInSaltwater said:
a 10G (with a light fixture for a reef) could be set up for under $200, a regular light just for seeing the fish would make it even cheaper

materials:
tank
filter
light
heater
powerhead
rock (base or live depending on what you want)
sand
test kit

besides the light and powerhead thats all you'll need to cycle the tank! sand isnt necessary either, but you get the point

whats your set up? im olny really intrested in coral and LR

well my tank doesnt count, its a biocube 14 that looks like this:

Biocube%2014%20image.jpg

it came with a pretty good filter and decent lights, it cost quite a bit more than buying everything seperately, and it doesnt support what it could for the price (i do keep corals though)

but for me it was a good option, only if you have the money though

Back
Top Bottom