Want to start a sw tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I paid 180 for the skimmer 200 for the stand 55 for the tank 65 for the heater about 100 on water movers 45 dollars on bulbs 109 for my light fixture 3 dollars for a thermometer 50 dollars for premade saltwater 80 dollars for live sand and 120 on live rock... So ya around a G-note to get u started

Hey Scarfish, 55 lbs of live rock for $120? That's a great deal!
Tdukes22, Craigslist and eBay are sources too for equipment but "buyer beware!"

trackfast said:
Hey Scarfish, 55 lbs of live rock for $120? That's a great deal!
Tdukes22, Craigslist and eBay are sources too for equipment but "buyer beware!"

Thank u

Scarfish said:
I paid 180 for the skimmer 200 for the stand 55 for the tank 65 for the heater about 100 on water movers 45 dollars on bulbs 109 for my light fixture 3 dollars for a thermometer 50 dollars for premade saltwater 80 dollars for live sand and 120 on live rock... So ya around a G-note to get u started

Thank u I deff have to hit you up for all this info when I do this cause I'm a collgeg student and a g is alot cuz I'm trying to get a car some maybe by June and I'll probably buy a little stuff here n there but I want to hook upy fw before the sw

There's a cheaper route; but "cheaper" is a relative term here. To save $, you could buy mostly dry rock and seed it with a little LR; same goes for the sand. Buy dry sand, it will become "live" eventually. You could go w/o a protein skimmer but that would mean "religious" PWcs. And you could save on lighting if it were a FO or FOWLR tank.

trackfast said:
There's a cheaper route; but "cheaper" is a relative term here. To save $, you could buy mostly dry rock and seed it with a little LR; same goes for the sand. Buy dry sand, it will become "live" eventually. You could go w/o a protein skimmer but that would mean "religious" PWcs. And you could save on lighting if it were a FO or FOWLR tank.

Yea thanks but can u tell me what the abbreviations are because I'm new and have no clue what they are lol :)

Last year I got a plumbed 130 gal 220 pounds LR, a bit of live stock. Power heads. And a bunch of additives for 250. The guy didn't want to do it anymore

Sqasnatch said:
Last year I got a plumbed 130 gal 220 pounds LR, a bit of live stock. Power heads. And a bunch of additives for 250. The guy didn't want to do it anymore

If u find a deal like that PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know :)

Sqasnatch said:
Always watch for a deal

I live in Ontario, and it was actually in the bargain hunter. I actually had to take a pickup for an eight hour drive to pick it up. It was such a good deal there was no way I was passing it up. All the rock was premium. Funny thing, I went to the pet shop on the way home, sold 2 huge pieces of rock, and it paid for the trip and the setup that I went to get

Back
Top Bottom