Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Want to start my first saltwater tank

I don't know anything yet about saltwater tanks but I'm very serious about starting one and I found a great deal on line I think. Can anyone tell me what they think about it. Im looking to get a much bigger tank eventually but for now this looked like a good deal. But again I know nothing http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/for/2812309859.html

Old 01-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would say that's a pretty good price. Depending on what you want to do with the tank, you may want to rehome the star (not reef safe) and the anemone (not usually a clown host, and a potentially demanding animal). I paid $300 for my 75 gallon tank and stand without any live rock and a lesser light fixture.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I really don't know what I want to do yet. I was really starting the idea for it about a week ago cuz I have a 20g freshwater im setting up now but this looked like good deal. I know I want a reef tank and I know I was a 125 or bigger but I figured with the live rock and sand that I can start somewhere and just sell the smaller tank once I get the room and funds for the bigger one. I know I want clownfish and colorful corals and stuff. I'm really ok with upgrading the stuff I just though as a starter
Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is a good deal. If you keep the anemone you will probably need to upgrade the lights. The star isn't reef safe like rutrag said. As a starter tank it is a great size.

Tags
salt, saltwater, saltwater tank, start, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com