Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-27-2005, 07:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any reccomendation on brands or specific components?

GTIMANiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:31 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Not from me, but just had to tell you...beautiful home. Funny, how one pic of one wall can suggest that. But I'm convinced.

Good luck with the tank, and keep us posted on your progress.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:09 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
I included a bunch of links (ones in bold) as far as some recommendations. What specific brands for which products are you looking for?

Lr is kind of scarce right now due to the hurricanes last season but there are some decent deals out there. For the 110 I’d get a 60 lbs box of base rock from www.hirocks.com (the BEST kind for $92 shipped) and another 60+ to start of lr either from your lfs (if they have good cured lr) or shipped in from some of the following:

I’m sure others will chime in on where you can find good live rock.

As far as skimmers go the Aqua C Remora Pro is a popular skimmer but may not be big enough for your 110 gal tank. You may have to get a AquaC EV-Series Protein Skimmer

I haven’t had any experience with other skimmers so I’ll leave it up to others to suggest other brands.

For sand you could just get play sand but personally I like the CaribSea sand.

For heaters a couple of WON Pro-Heat IC Titanium Heater 250 W should be sufficient.

Being that you have a width of 16+” you have tons of choices for sumps/refugium.
You could make your own following directions on these sites:

Or buy one of these brands:

ProClear Aquatics Pro
CPR wet/dry
Tidepool 2

Just to name a few, again I’m sure others will have some recommendations.

tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks so much.
I have started ordering the new goodies. I am sure when it comes time to cycle I will have some more questions. But for now I am well on my way.

Thanks again guys!

GTIMANiac is offline   Reply With Quote

start, start over

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com