Finsihed setting up the RO
Instructions on the site wasnt that great. The pics arent really that descriptive.
But I got it to work.
This is the unit.
This is the TDS
(total desolved solids tester). This measures the TDS
of the water comming in (the hardwater from ones tap) And compares it to the TDS
of the water comming out. (the ro
The three filter comparments and the DI
units and the membrane units
DO NOT PUT HOT WATER it will ruin your membrane.
Connecting the tubes. Basically you get a red tube, an orange one, yellow and blue.
Yellow attaches to the units yellow
Orange comes from your source goes through the red and enters the unit.
The unit has a white tube and you attach your blue tube to the white.
I didnt like the pin thing they supplied to tap into the water for source.
So I made a modification. Took a splitter and split the water going to my washing machine from the COLD water source.
Added a reducer to fit the size of the tube (orange)
So ran it, of course it leaked at every place possible...
1) But then I had to tighten the nozzles and
2) then add the white tape you use for plumbing drinking water tubes to wrap around the threads.
3)Ran it agian and tested for leaks.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 until no more leaks.
Used the TDS
meter and got the following 143 going in and 0 comming out.
For every 1 good gallon of water your wasting like 4 gallons of tap water. . But thats what the guy said is normal...
Only allowed 8 pics so ya... But its up and working next step, DIY sump...