want2findnemo's 75g tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CptAhab... actually the tubes are closer to 10ml - but the "mark" is at 5 ml.

Good luck to ya want2findnemo... welcome to the addiction!

Ok i didnt do any readings yet but the shrimp is turning pink like its getting cooked slowly...

water is at 75degrees will check reading tommorow for ammonia.

ok so now the shrimp is pink and i have bubbles on the top of my tank, the water is cloudy.

I did an ammonia test and its about 0.25, ill test agian in two days

When do i take the shrimp out?

It really doesn't matter. I'd take it out when you start to see nitrites, or when you ammonia gets to around 2.0... whichever comes first. Sounds like things are going good!

tested agian today and still 0.25 didnt go up,
I hope its working

I increased the temp to 80F and I have been adding a bit of flaked fish food.

Will test agian in 2 days

Give it time... it's working. I wouldn't add any more fish food. It takes a while for the ball to get rolling. I was surprised you got ammonia already - seems like it normally takes 4 days or so to show up on the test kit.

I agree, give it time. Also, did you put the shrimp in a mesh bag? It's easier to remove later if it's bagged.

Heh,

I didnt do that...

I put my power heads in there for flow and the shrimp is flying around the tank in circles.

Sometimes it gets sucked to the side of the koralias.

My water is very merky and i cant see through it anymore. I can barely see the numbers on my heater. Hope that is what is suppose to happen.

hehe we are at 1.0 ppm ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates

i think its working hehe!!!

Did some water testing and I got about 1.5-2ppm of ammonia 0 nitrite and 0 nitrate.

This is going pretty slower than I expected, any idea when I should see nitrite? one more week maybe?

Ok everyone,

Just an update.

-Finsihed my sump

-Finished all the piping.

-Got my base rocks (really cool like the kind from macro rocks)
Have it all layed out just have to secure it with the epoxy putty thing.

-Put the background on (boy did it take a while to get all those bubbles out)

Probably going to wait till this weekend to finsish the aquascaping. (base rock)

After that I will fill the tank with water and get some live rock in there.

Then I will start the cycle with some cocktail shrimps

Oh man im excited...:invasion:

You may want to raise the skimmer a few inches if it's more than 8" -10" of water.
Is your LR in the sump above the water line? If you are not putting that LR in the tank you may want to think about breaking it up into smaller pieces for the sump.

Its in the DT. Its not shown in the pic cuz i put it in shortly afterwards.

Its too precious to break and put in the sump =p.

I got like some pieces from a torn down tank that was running for many many years so they are like basically covered all in dark purple.

Ok so I put a stand that made the water go only 8 inches into the skimmer.

It doesn't overflow like mad now. But the skimate is still very wet. I will try and switch to PW instead of the default MW. see if that helps...

Ph 8.3
Ammonia 3
Salt 1.025

Back
Top Bottom