Wanting to add more rocks. Buy Live or Dead Rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Dai Phan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all,

As you can see on my aquarium, I am in need to some more rocks along the back of the tank. Do I need to buy LR or just cheapo DR and then let them mature into their own? It takes about 2 months before pink algae starts to take over. Any problems of adding rocks that are not live? I spoke to some LFS and their opinions differ. Thanks DP

Attachments

• DSC02646.jpg
    DSC02646.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 121
Feel free to add more dry rock (Base rock). It will become live over time. You might need to cure it before you add it to the tank. We have an article on curing in our article section.

yea listen to mel he's a BEAST with the help! id say its on you really, if you want the "look" get the LR ifyour watching the wallet get the base... or you could get both, add some nice base rock and accent it with small LR. I got like 3 lbs of LR.. I guess you can call then chunks, too big to be frags but not reallty big enough for "building a reef" and the look good in the tank, I have some pieces just strewn about the substrate and in and around my base rocks. From the hundreds of post articles and books ive read over the past 4 months, ya cant go wrong with adding LR as long as its cured so it kind of a given

Back
Top Bottom