wanting to get,into corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty4life

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi folks! New on here, hope I'm doing this right. Ive had a 100 gal fowlr for about 6 months now( maybe a lil longer) I'm interested in starting corals. Need to know If my setup has the right parameters for this. Please help me out...

Well you may need to tell us what you have before we can tell you if you are good to go.....

What are your parameters and lights etc...?

Welcome to the forum!

Yep, need to know what lighting you have and tank dimensions, ALSO need to know your current stock to see if they are coral friendly ;-)

Hi folks! New on here, hope I'm doing this right. Ive had a 100 gal fowlr for about 6 months now( maybe a lil longer) I'm interested in starting corals. Need to know If my setup has the right parameters for this. Please help me out...

I'm new, but I'd say go for it! As long as your water is testing right. Just keep in mind compatibility, calcium levels, temperature/lighting requirements.

Oh....duh. Well, I am running 4 21in 50/50 compact flourescents. 2 750gph koralia powerheads. Water...1.025spg, ammonia..0ppm, ph..8.3 nitrate..between 5ppm-8ppm

100 gal 4 tangs, six line, lemonpeel angel maroon clown green chromis

lemonpeel does not HAVE to go. Many reefs have angels that never touch corals. I suggest getting some cheap low light corals and see what happens. If it nips at them then you can decide what to do.

Agree with above. Either get a cheap coral and get rid of it if it gets ate or get a coral that you really like that is alittle more pricey and if it gets nibbled on...get rid of the angel.

I would say that (4) 21" CPF's wouldn't be growing much coral in a 100 gallon tank either.

Back
Top Bottom