Wanting To Start A 29 Gallon FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night my coral beauty died in the qt...so I decided to finish treating my wrasse and will not be getting another angel till I have a fowlr. I will be instead getting a Midas Blenny and maybe after awhile a royal gramma. The protien skimmer leaked all over and way a pain to clean up. I think I finally figured out how to run it after a lot of research but I hate how load the skimmer is. I also hope it breaks in soon because the amount of air bubbles is out of controls but I have a tpeice of fome that I'm hoping will help for the time being even though It is quite ugly. How long should I expect to wait before seeing brown stuff in my skimmer cup to insure it is working correctly?

New video of my tank

I have recently added a protein skimmer and have converted my aquaclear70 into fuge with chaeto. Since adding the skimmer and fuge I have seen a dramatic reduction of the red slime algae in my tank. I also have noticed a lot more coral growth. Up till this week I haven't seen any at all and suddenly everything seems to be growing. My acrapora have almost doubled in size. My frog spawn split its head, along with a Duncan that's gaining a head. All of my zoaths have new heads on them as well. My flasher wrasse will be out of qt on Tuesday and will be back in the tank. I'm planning on adding a seastar or clam can't decide what one I want because I don't think I can have both? Is this true?

Your tank is looking great and now that everything is growing it won't belong before it is filled up.

Thank you I hope the tank looks the way I have planed in my mind. Need to get a few more things. Also would my hammer and frog spawn do better in my rock work or in the sand?

Today all the red slime algae was gone. The fuge and protien skimmer have done their job and I am very happy with the outcome and it was so quick. Today the Midas Blenny was sold before I could get it even though it got in today and I was there an hour after they opened he had sold...even though I ordered it. After some words he ended up giving me a tiger pistol shrimp watchman pair, an emerald grab for 10$ and I am happy with that I've wanted to have a goby and shrimp pair so that worked out alright. He said he will be able to order me another in a few weeks so I said that was fine.

Some pictures of my new Watchman and pistol. the made their home right in the front of the tank :)

img_1749828_0_676bbc2240a34838421a0f030325cd89.jpg

img_1749828_1_ce9b29c5510254c511db3425c55cca9b.jpg

Well I think my watchman must of died, haven't seen him for 4 days now and the shrimp won't leave his den, he must be eating the watchman. I added a long spine banded erchin that is very cool and seems to be doing quite well.

I got a new watchmen and he has happily paired up with the pistol shrimp and they have dug a new hole on the other side of the rock. heres a picture of my new urchin its a banded long spine

img_1765773_0_ace505bc8073d9d7f494dfdb2b143311.jpg

It is looking great! Gave me some good ideas for my 28 G. What kind of skimmer do you have?

I ordered my ati bulbs today I got a blue+,Purple+,Coral+,Blue+. I'm excited to get them and see how much better my tank looks, the guy at reef geeks said it should give me a 14k-16k look and not be as white as my tank is now.

Well I had to get rid of my emerald crab, the bad one that likes to munch on corals...tonight I find him ontop of my Duncan once again eating out the center of one of the heads. So I pulled him out with my tweezers and put him in a container of water and off to the lfs he goes tomorrow.

Scored a sweet peice of rock today it's about 2 inches long and an inch thick. The rock is covered in Blue sympodium polyps with about 6 or 7 heads of Flaming sun polyps. The flaming sun poly has a orange outer ring with blue center and an orange eye in the middle of it. They are very good looking and healthy. The frag cost 20$ but felt it was well worth it, I haven't seen either of these corals at any of my lfs yet and I love polys so just couldn't pass it up.

Back
Top Bottom