Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #191
Aquarium Advice Addict

im going to try and see if I cant figure out a way to cut the egg crate so that it works to slide in and out from under the light. Im thinking about maybe putting in two support beams then cutting out a section so I can easily remove it and put it back in. just dont know what kind of Material to use for the support. or if I should look into a different type of hood that I may be able to make that has some type of door but i cant think of anything.

CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:44 PM   #192
Aquarium Advice Addict

I turned the lights off and my flasher is gone...do they hide at night? he hasnt jumped out or anything theres no way he could with the lid I have on right now. I havent moved any sand or rock to look for him but I dont see him anyplace. should i be worried? hes been totally fine all day swimming out and about with no sign of being sick or anything.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #193
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, they sometimes burrow into the sand at night. When I got my first one, I didn't see it for two days until I got another one to replace it. I figured he died and the CUC took care of him or he jumped. Then I had two!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #194
Aquarium Advice Addict

He must be under the sand or in a rock because i have looked all around the tank and theres only a spot about 1 inch long he could jump out through and I fixed that last night. Im going to wait a few hours then maybe look for him. Im worried sick about the little guy.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #195
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good luck with the wrasse, I hope he shows up too.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #196
Aquarium Advice Addict

I decided i would put a little food in and he came blasting out from under some of my live rock.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #197
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Excellent news! very glad he's still int here.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #198
Aquarium Advice Addict

I now have another problem, I decided I felt like I was lied to about what the starry blenny is and so i looked into because its face reminded me so much of a dragonet so I looked into and the guy gave me a scooter blenny and well im worried there wont be enough food for him to eat. how do i ensure hes healthy? Hes very very cool and i enjoy watching him but I dont want him to die of hunger. Is there a way to get them to eat frozen?

I would take him back but im 95% sure they wont because they told me no last time with a cichlid.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #199
Aquarium Advice Addict

when I get home I am going to start a little brine shrimp hatching project to see if he will eat that. however I dont think I could do hatchings everyday or anything for him so im not really sure what to do about feeding him. How often would he need to be feed assuming he even eats them.

I just watched my Emerald crab remove a frag of zoaths from the rock so he could get in the hole...rude
Old 12-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #200
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have a scooter as well. When I got him he didnt eat anything I put in the tank, he ate the pods I had. what i did was fed him several different frozen foods every day several times a day and eventually he took to brine shrimp, then mysis and now he loves bloodworms.

I turned off all the flow in the tank and used a turkey baster with the frozen food in inside it and target fed him. he may take to it quick or it may take weeks.

Good luck! let us know if it works

Tags
29 gallon, fowlr, start

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com