Wanting To Start A 29 Gallon FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think im going to just hope that its still on sale by the end of the week and if so Ill buy the rock and salt and get the curing going

So Liveaquaria.com has "Premium" Live fiji Rock and "Standerd" Live fiji rock,the Premium has more color in it I believe called Coraline Algae. Will the "Standard" live rock end up looking the same in the long run or will it never have the color that the "Premium" has?

If it a new tank then there's no need to cure. Just throw it in and cycle:) (the cycle cures it) curing is for when you add live rock to an established tank. You cure it so it doesn't cause die off and crash your tank:D

1x Flame Angel
2x Clowns
1x Yellow Watchmen
1x Purple Dottyback
1x Coral Banded Shrimp
1x Sea Star -Maybe, After a few months of Setup

This is what I want to do with my tank Would this be ok?

I love it! One thing though... Dotty backs are kinda aggressive so idk... What about this instead of the dottyback?
It's called a royal gramma. I'll be getting one for my 29:)

Attachments

• image-714859902.jpg
    image-714859902.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 41
I love it! One thing though... Dotty backs are kinda aggressive so idk... What about this instead of the dottyback?
It's called a royal gramma. I'll be getting one for my 29:)

That's what I originally wanted however the girlfriend wants the dotty back.

Just checked LA. You should be fine as long as you give alot of hiding places and don't have any other fish with the same body shape. Nice fish! I might just have to look into getting one....

Just checked LA. You should be fine as long as you give alot of hiding places and don't have any other fish with the same body shape. Nice fish! I might just have to look into getting one....

Yeah I am very excited, A bit bummed however because I found out my tank is only a 25 gallon tall. So Im deciding if I will make due with that or find a larger tank for the space I have the space I could put it is 30Lx17.5Dx however high looks like I could fit a 37 gallon but I may just stick with the 25 for a next year and upgrade when I move to my 40 because Ill have room for it. I just have the 40 gallon in my basement and I really don't want to have my SW tank down there I want it in my room so I can see It all the time.

decided to just stick with the 25gallon, I will make sure the Flame Angel has enough swimming space. Getting 45LBS of Live rock next friday, Going to get 200lbs of salt on Monday and a hydrametor or w/e its called (Just for now getting a refractormeter later). Ro/Di system gets here on Monday.

Should I get the filter or Sand next? I have a few Sponge filters I can use to get the cycle started so that I can get the sand before the filter and get the filter and lighting last

To me it doesn't matter because you'll need both to cycle the tank. The light isn't needed until its cycled and has fish/corals

what kind of Inverts should I keep to insure clean sand and what not? I think ill pass on the coral banded shrimp and get a different type. Also what is a moonlight?

Buying my sand and salt this week i think then next week getting my live rock I hope.

Whats a rough estimated time it will take my tank to cycle with 50lbs of live rock not base rock, and packaged live sand?

Back
Top Bottom