Wanting To Start A 29 Gallon FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just cant figure out if my Koraili 1050 is to much flow for a 25gallon tank and if my Koralil 550 would work better

I vote try both powerheads and see if you can get them both to work in the tank without a sandstorm or violent water flow. I had 2 750's in my 29g and I managed to have them adjusted so that everything was happy inside. :)

ok cool, Oh and I had another question, I decided to go with the 22lb's of Premium live fiji rock from liveaquaria and plan to add 20lbs of base rock to it. Can I cure the 22lbs in my tank with out the base rock, then add the base rock later? When I add the base rock do I need to have it be under the live rock? If so do i need to have the base rock first beings I need to put down the rock then the sand? I just cant afford the live and base rock at the same time is the issue.

You can add all the base rock you like at anytime you like. :) It doesn't have to be in the tank in any particular spot, I just put them where I like them, touching live rock or not.

ok cool. do i need to cure base rock out side the tank however? or can i just rinse it off and put it right in the tank?

Decided to go base rock with a bit of live rock today because I did the math and all live of the type I wanted cost way to much. So I will he getting 22lbs of live rock to add to the 20lbs of base rock I got today. However I'm going to put my base rock in my tank today and add my sand I'm thinking. Put in the water and a raw shrimp to get the cycle on my base rock going. There's no reason to do water changes with that method is there? Beings there will be nothing living so it shouldn't matter how much nitrates build up. I have 20lbs of live sand I'm going to put in my tank today and another 20 when I get my live rock.

How's my plan sound?

Sounds good! Just remember, rock then sand, also, if you add live Rock after the cycle starts it will restart the cycle. And you'll have to do a 25% water change after the cycle is done before adding fish.

well looks light I wont have my tank up till tomorrow :( I wanted to paint the back of it and well looks like it make take a few coats, I can see through the tank in some places so hoping after leting it dry for 4 hours while Im working it will take the next coat better and be alot darker. any tips on painting tanks would be great, this is my first time doing it.
img_1657549_0_84a850a3bad7818c2f8bca563e004474.jpg

yeah I think im going to, it seems like a much higher quality light and the 100$ is worth it I think. because getting moon light for the Fishneedit light would cost me like 50$ so really its only a 50 dollar difference for a higher quality product.

Figuring out what to do about the rest of my live rock is that hardest thing to do. I just cant decide what to do. I want to just buy 22lbs of live fiji rock from aquariumadvice and that would be cheap or should I get the 16lbs of Live Nano rock and 10 more lbs of Marco rock giving me 46lbs of rock vs 42lbs from using 22lbs of premium fiji rock and 20 lbs of marco rock. This method will cost about the same price.

I just dont want to get 2 giant rocks in the 22lb box, because Ill get a bunch of small rocks in the 16lb but maybe they will be to small?

Back
Top Bottom