Wanting to start a saltwater tank, What equpment for my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boostd2valve

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, i am new here, and I have the interest in starting a saltwater setup...at the moment i have 2 freshwater setups and I love the look of the saltwater and decided to try it out....first off i wanted to see what would be some things i would need as far as equipment....I did some research and just wanted to check into it...My tank is a regular style 75 gallon tank....what would be the proper filter/heating/pump systems...and what is reccomended using for the sand.......Any help or info would be great....Thanx alot and very xmas!!!

you're best bet is to browse or search the "Getting Started" forum here as there are literally hundreds of this same question. You need to decide what type of tank and inhabitants you'd like, then investigate the equipment you need to sustain that, then research (I suggest buying a good book to read up on everything) how to setup, cycle, stabalize the system and water parameters and then start adding livestock VERY slowly as things develop over time...

Any specific questions, obviously folks here can help and with any other advice but you first need to decide on what you would like for a saltwater setup....

hope that helps as a starting point.

Back
Top Bottom