Wanting to switch tanks need HELP....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
[center:0f0f8bfd49]I want to switch my 20g saltwater to a 30g and need some advice on how to do this.. I would also like to add some more ls and lr to the bigger tank but don't know wether to add it when I set it up or after it has ran for a while. Any help anyone can give me on this would be appreciated. [/center:0f0f8bfd49]

When I went from 29 to 55, I used the big Rubbermaid tubs ($5.00 at Wal-Mart) and transfered all the water I could into them and added the fish to one of them... Put a PH in it and then removed the LR into another. I then scraped out the sand into a 5 gal bucket or 2 and then setup the new tank and transfered it back water and all. I added all sand an LR at the same time...I would recommend you do the same...Make sure you have everything in place first and then go for it...You could polly do it in less than a couple of hours.. This worked out good for me...

so when you have everything moved is the new tank going to cycle and kill you fish and corals? moving a 56 bow front corner to a 75? lfs said there will not be a problem because i will be using established things except the sand which will be south down and we will seed it with some of his tank sand.thanks

so when you have everything moved is the new tank going to cycle and kill you fish and corals?

Probably not, unless you add a new source of nitrogenous waste, like several new fish or some new uncured LR.

thanks much just have lfs put on the trust only with back up info file :wink:

new thought why can't i take my southdown put it in pantyhose and in the tank i have now would'nt that start to seed it?

new thought why can't i take my southdown put it in pantyhose and in the tank i have now would'nt that start to seed it?

You can certainly do that, I would only take sand from the upper layers of the sand bed, to assure you do not disturb any hydrogen sulfide pockets that may have developed. Why not use the sand all together? Are you tearing down the other tank?

tearing down the 57 it's got crushed coral going with southdown in the new 75just was thinking i could break in some of the sand while we wait to get everything together.

Back
Top Bottom