Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Washing sand

Is it possible for me to use municipal tap water when giving my dry new sand it's initial rinse? I've used 4 gallons of RO/DI water just to do 2 pounds of sand. Will it harm the sand for marine use? This is a new 20h build that I'm trying to get up and running tonight so my 6 weeks of waiting will start. Lol

jjh302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
You can use it. The last time I did it, I used old tank water from the last water change to do it. It was helpful as sand can go through many needed rinses to get all the small dust particles out that cloud up your tank.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off