Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abiroad

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20g long.
25 lbs of LR
20lbs of LS

Stock list as of now:

Pair of OC Clowns (1 black 1 orange)
Cleaner Shrimp
Electric blue hermit crab
3 blue legged hermies
7 nas snails
about 7 coral frags

I want to add a Watchman Goby and Pistol shrimp and have them pair

I have a few questions because i recently lost a coral beauty because of an impulse and uneducated decision :banghead: ( with some misguidance from the LFS) and i do not want a creature to perish at my fault again. so here they are

Is this a good stocking decision?
Do i need a thicker sand bed?
- i have about an inch of crush coral on the bottom now
- if i need a thicker one how do i go about adding live sand?
In what order do i add them for a successful pair?
Will the pistol bother my cleaner?
will the clowns bully the goby?

Thanks!

It sounds like they would be a good match for your tank, just to make sure your rocks are on the bottom if your tank

right on!
I'm going to start browsing for them!

I was wondering about the sand anyways because i initially went with black and white crushed coral but i am now regretting that and which i would have gone with a more natural looking sand bed...but if i could add it on top that would be great! I didnt know if it was ok to just through some more sand on there

right on!
I'm going to start browsing for them!

I was wondering about the sand anyways because i initially went with black and white crushed coral but i am now regretting that and which i would have gone with a more natural looking sand bed...but if i could add it on top that would be great! I didnt know if it was ok to just through some more sand on there

Go with live and scoop it in cups ,add it over a week to let settle with your sand bed

The one from live aquaria I posted is the same one. They called it a white banded goby but its a species discovered in 2006 that technically has no "regular" name.

If you do buy one, mame sure you get a pistol shrimp. There colors come out more ahem they are paired up together. Sometimes you can find them in stores. By me here in NJ, I see them more and more but not everywhere. Under good lighting, and paired with the shrimp, you will see their true markings.

The one from live aquaria I posted is the same one. They called it a white banded goby but its a species discovered in 2006 that technically has no "regular" name.

I've been looking all day online trying to find a site that sells a goby as colorful as the pic you posted!! I guess I have to drive to New Jersey! Lol! I hope not! I didn't see it on liveaquaria!

Here' mine:

img_2536881_0_177c188b6bb00c35c20cbeb51bd49b56.jpg

img_2536881_1_3b3ba7d53fb60f60120f11ce86bd7c64.jpg

img_2536881_2_3af9f57b1bb28df9eb494b0521cf204e.jpg

This one is still available at Live Aquaria. As I said, the colors alter depending on the fish's mood. That one picture is to the extreme but they are usually pretty close on a daily basis.
My lfs has two available for $25. If you want one, I can buy it for you and ship it if you don't like the live aquaria one.

This one is still available at Live Aquaria. As I said, the colors alter depending on the fish's mood. That one picture is to the extreme but they are usually pretty close on a daily basis.
My lfs has two available for $25. If you want one, I can buy it for you and ship it if you don't like the live aquaria one.

So there's no confusion I want the one that looks like a mandarin! If you can find one exactly like that, I would love to purchase!!!!!!

What LFS do you use? I'm in the southern part of our fine state, and tend to hit either the Aquarium Center or JB's Tropical Fish. I'm just wondering if they could transfer one from your store to there (or it might just be easier/cheaper to drive to yours).

Back
Top Bottom