Watchman Goby coming back from the DEAD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefcowboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a watchman goby(2.5") that loved to stay in the entry of rock cave. It always stayed at the same place, and in case any shrimp/fish would come by and scare him away, he would then come back and sit at the same spot. At feeding time, he would voraciously come to the front glass and wait for the food to come by, and he would eat quite a lot for the size of fish he was.
Anyways, I got myself a large red base anemone, that slowly moved itself finding the goby's spot as the perfect place for anchoring its base, and it pretty much covered the entire cave area with its long body. I thought then that the poor goby would move itself somewhere else, but since that day,I never saw him again.
Its been around 3 weeks that I last saw him, and I unfortunately gave him for dead, since he disappeared and would not come grab any food I would feed the fishes...I have about 6 crabs in the tank, and also thought they would take care of the goby if it had really died...
So last night I am feeding my fish, and I see a little yellow spot flash from behind the rocks, like a little ghost coming from the dead...It came and finally showed itself----it was the watchman goby---- it looked fine, not skinny, nothing, just very hungry coming high on the waters to grab whatever food he could get...I was relieved and happy to know he was still alive, but at the same time amazed that he stood so long with no food!!
I know he would not get food because I feed my fish live brine and they finish everything in seconds... Does anybody have similar stories? I just thought 3 weeks was a long time...I know he would have to have eaten something else, but what?

Back
Top Bottom