Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via MSN to Hollywood

I was getting my water from a well and had it tested. My fish guy wanted to buy the water by the gallon. I have moved a way's away from the well and when I get water I fill five or six five gallon pales. Some of the water sites for awhile before it get's used. My question is, After sitting for long periods of time is it still ok to use in my tank?

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:21 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
If the buckets have lids I think it would be fine, but if not I would use it as quick as possible....no telling how much unnecessary dust and other contaminants will land in it.

HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
after sitting for a while the only real concern would be the amount of O2 in the water. Low oxygen can alter the pH of the water as well. Simply drop in a PH to mix up the water for 24 hours and that will solve the oxygen problem.

being well water, you could get some other nasties too. I would keep it covered and keep it out of the sun in a cool dark place. Otherwise who knows what you'll have growing in those buckets!
Acronyms and Abbreviations
BillyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:02 PM   #4
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Just be careful about the well water . just because it tested good once before does not mean something could not have leached in the water later. Just keep an eye out.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com