Water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pschmitt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been aerating my RODI water for 24 hours before adding the salt. Is this step necessary? I heard it would balance the PH. How many of you are doing this and who just adds salt directly to new RO?

I don't aerate my ro water. I just go to the garbage can when needed take what i want and mix inside in buckets.

Well if that's the case I just saved myself a whole day. Would take me 48 hours to make a batch. Does Home Depot carry the larger storage containers? And what would I be looking for? Going today to get like a 30 gal one but don't want to make a bunch of water that's going to go bad. However, it would make life a lot easier knowing I always have some RODI on hand ready to mix. So, which brand to make sure nothing leaches?

I do believe its the rubbermaid brute ones that you use. I have a 32g one. Make sure its the sturdy type or it will bow under all the water pressure.

It takes me about 6 hours to fill it and I also fill 4 5g jugs as back up. That gets me through the week. :)

You can also use plastic barrels. I found two 55 gallon barrels for 10 dollars on craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom