Water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The-new-stig

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi just a quick question I have a 180L corner unit when it comes to a water change would it be ok just to change one 25l drum (the big White water drums you get water in) or will it need more??

Thanks all

Dave

that would depend on your feeding habits and your bio load. what size tank and how many fish are in it and how often and what are you feeding?
what other filtration devices are present?

I have a-
> fluval 205 canister filter
> a 8w uv light
> tmc 400 skimmer

I have 3 fish at the moment 2 baby clowns and a adult blue tang (that I'm selling as it's bullying the clowns into a corner) and feed then marine pellets once a day and frozen food every other day (not 100% sure how to feed) thanks for the replys

that tang doesn't belong in your roughly 47-48 gallon tank. i'm sure you know that by now. they do best in 6' tanks.
the UV light i wouldn't consider as part of filtration.
once a day is ok, unless you see a nutrient buildup, showing itself as an algae bloom perhaps.
herbivores should have some algae sheets to pick at on occasion also.
i would rinse the frozen food before adding it to the tank.
other that, you can make your own frozen food from fresh stuff from the supermarket if you wish. that's a lot cleaner than the LFS food.

meanwhile, i would be doing the weekly 25 liter change, and see what happens.

How do you make your own frozen food??.. The tang doesent look big in the tank if you now what I mean?? I also have a cleaning shrimp, turbo snails and hermit crabs

once every 6 months or so. i thought you said the tang was an adult? that said, adult or not, they are open water swimmers and do best in 6' tanks.

Well the tang is going any ways so I can give the baby clowns a chance.. So how do you make frozen food??

Back
Top Bottom