Water Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When using treatments always follow the directions on the medication inorder to get the best results.

I would say if the directions do not say anything about water changes then we is back to square 1.

To fight ich I would recommend garlic oil over medicated treaments.

Its more natural and the only real side effect is you skimmer (if your running one) will skim a little more.

Aaron, you have about convinced me to try the garlic oil. Guess it sounded too easy for me. Did you say I soak the food in Garlic Oil? Do I continue everything else as I normally would, including water changes? Is it easier to soak the frozen food or the flakes or does it matter? :?
Thanks for your patience with me. I know I'm a little on the hard headed side. :wink:

I have heard fresh garlic oil from garlic cloves works best. If you crush the garlic clove your supposed to get some liquid out of it. Thats what your looking for. You can also find garlic oil in your grocery store. Try to find pure garlic oil and not a bottle with extra stuff in it.

Soak the food, flake or frozen in the garlic oil. Then serve it up to the fish.

Probably the best bet is to put a little garlic oil in a small bowl. Put some flakes in and let it soak for 10min. Then take the flakes out and feed them.

Continue normal maintance procedures....

Once you have gotten rid of the ICH its important to try to figure out what the source was. What was causing stress on the fish to the point that they surcame to the ICH parasite.

Good luck.

Oh and remember a succesful reefer once said...

"...nothing good happens in a reef tank quickly take your time and you will be successful..."

Back
Top Bottom