water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The BRS 5stage plus is $180 right now if you are in on carey's group buy. I am trying to scrape together the money right now (and I already have the PWC one).

They have a great portable rodi unit in eBay I bought it and it's 100 gallon a day and it's 65 bucks works wonders ... Carey I think uses it too can't go wrong let me find a link for you

The BRS 5stage plus is $180 right now if you are in on carey's group buy. I am trying to scrape together the money right now (and I already have the PWC one).

Hey Spoon,

Out of curiosity, do you not like your PWC brand RODI? I personally didn't like the features it had, or lack thereof. Just wondering what your thoughts are on this brand. Maybe it can help the OP decide etc.

Couple of things.

1. I like the clear canisters to see when things are getting dirty
2. I like the common size refills
3. I like that the plus has the pressure gauge and inline TDS meter.

PWC one works fine, just all the canisters are white and only can be repaced with PWC parts.

I ordered one of these today. Do you need a collection container or can you just use it straight? Sorry if I hijacked the thread but it is related.

You can pump it directly into your tank if you want. I run it into a container and then mix with salt with a powerhead and heater. It will be the temperature coming out that it was going in. i have it connected to my cold water supply, so it is too cold to put directly into a tank without heating it up first.

Couple of things.

1. I like the clear canisters to see when things are getting dirty
2. I like the common size refills
3. I like that the plus has the pressure gauge and inline TDS meter.

PWC one works fine, just all the canisters are white and only can be repaced with PWC parts.

The BRS model has the common size refills. Didn't know that PWC didn't have this. Glad I went with BRS then.

OscarFan76 said:
I ordered one of these today. Do you need a collection container or can you just use it straight? Sorry if I hijacked the thread but it is related.

Good question! Thanks for asking....

Back
Top Bottom