Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmartin722

Aquarium Advice Activist
How often should I be doing water changes on my 72 bow? I was doing weekly on 29bc but wasn't sure if that was still necessary.

Andrew McFadden said:
Imo you should still be doing them weekly. Fish like fresh water and you.don't want to take a chance of levels to build up

+1 sound advice. Weekly water changes will be your best friend. It will aid in the reduction of nitrAtes, ammonia, phosphates and other bad things and also it will re introduce the good stuff like calcium, trace elements etc.

I have still been doing them weekly, but read in another post someone saying was doing every two to three weeks. Didn't sound right but wanted to make sure I was still doing what I needed too.

tmartin722 said:
I have still been doing them weekly, but read in another post someone saying was doing every two to three weeks. Didn't sound right but wanted to make sure I was still doing what I needed too.

Some people can go a lot longer like myself. We try to not recommend it. I can go more then 5 weeks without doing it but I still need to top my water off every week so I figured if I'm going to do that I might as well change it. Plus it is better for them ;)

Back
Top Bottom