Water Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmonicarl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would it hurt fish or coral to change 50% of the water once in a while with deep sea water instead of water from LFS?

Would it hurt fish or coral to change 50% of the water once in a while with deep sea water instead of water from LFS?

What size tank? My concern would be too much of a water change. IMO that much isn't needed UNLESS conditions call for it.

I do a 5 gallon water change on a 29 gallon cube.

EDIT:

Also if your switching water I'm assuming that would mean salt which would mean possible the amount of trace elements, calcium etc. I'd switch over slowly... over a months time. I tend to be overly cautious but you'd want to make the change slow.

Last edited:
Actually I'm using water from the LFS and its a 15 gallon tank. If I do get deep sea water how much shoud I put in at a time?

Actually I'm using water from the LFS and its a 15 gallon tank. If I do get deep sea water how much shoud I put in at a time?

15 gallon tank I would honestly only be doing a couple gallons a week. Maybe a 5 gallon. Add it slowly into the mix. So say a 5 gallon water change. Do 1 gallon new with 4 gallons old for a week or two then bump it up week by week until your at 5 gallons new.

Again just my theory/opinion on it. It's not set in stone.

Back
Top Bottom