Water Changes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

mannyfern09

how often should i change the water in y 30 g tank...

??

If you have no peramiter problems then once every 3 weeks- 1 month

5 gallons

and how uch of the water do i change?!... and what do i do with y fish in the tank?

If it were me I would do 3 gallons every two weeks. And just leave the fish in there. they will be fine. Just mix your water in a five gallon bucket throw a powerhead in and let it mix for at least 24 hours before water change. test it to make sure your temp, salinity, etc... and evrything is the same as your tank.

5 gallons, their is no reason to take the fish or anything out.

so just take out about 5 gallons... and pour the new 5 gallons in?

Is this a new tank? Can you give some more info on the tank itself? Best practice is to do a 10-15% water change every two weeks for that size of tank. Make sure you age and aerate the the water for at least 24hrs prior to the water change. The new water should be the same Ph, temp and SG of the water in the tank.

age aerate???.... its bout 2 and a half months old... cycled already, and has fish in it

I'd do about 3 gallons every week- week and a half. Once your tank gets a little bit older, I'd go with about once every 2 weeks. How much LR do you have? Do you have a protein skimmer? Do you use RO/DI water?

Your salt may look mixed but it is not. When you mix your salt water you need to aerate it for at least 24 hours. I have read even better to let it aerate for a week. But I think just about everyone here does it for about 24 hours. I have a five gallon bucket that I mix and just let aerate I do 3 gallon wc on my (2) 10 gallons every Sunday. On newly mixed salt water your PH will be a little high it takes a little bit for it to stabilize. You want to get everything mixed well.

1. I put my bucket in the tub.
2. Fill it with cold water.
3. Add salt, ph and heater. (test and add salt or water, if needed)
4. Let sit for 24-48 hours (I start on Friday. if I am lazy or have stuff to do on sat, I let it sit still Sunday evening).
5. Scrape algae off of glass (if needed).
6. Siphon out water.
7. Add new water.

Back
Top Bottom