Water changes with hypo treatment...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmb4516

Aquarium Advice Regular
How often should I change the water in my tank while doing hyposalinity treatment. I have been making daily trips to the LFS, and I'm getting really annoyed with them telling me that my fish are going to die with my salinity level at 1.009. (I'm using their refractometer.)

Also, anyone know where I could pick up a decent refractometer for a decent price? Then I could just get R/O at Wal-mart and wouldn't even need to go over there.

How often should I change the water in my tank while doing hyposalinity treatment
Your nitrite and ammonia level will dictate this be sure to measure them daily along with PH. PH has a tendency to do wacky things with lowered SG. You probably will need to buffer.
Here is my refractometer, its a good one.
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...duct_Code=REFRACT-PA&Category_Code=Hydrometer
BTW, ignore your LFS criticism. I have done hypo several times and never had any problems with the fish. Just keep an eye on these 3 water parameters, as well as your SG level.

Back
Top Bottom