Water Chiller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhorgunn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay ... I'm not having much luck here ... I may have to get a water chiller ... with the Lights on and everything running ... except the heater ... my tank after 10 hours is just over 83F. It's a little hot here in Florida and it's winter time.

The Tank is a 34 gal Red Sea. Any suggestions that would do the job and not break the bank? :) How difficult is it to set up? Thank you in advance.

I put a couple aquarium fans blowing across the water in my tank, which made a difference. Do you keep your water covered on top with glass or is it open?

I agree, I have a floor fan set on the light timer, on my 125 and it keeps the temp at 78F.

+++EDIT+++
I also want to mention, temp stability is important. If you temp is not swinging more than 2 degrees, you should be good to go.

Since I added a fan blowing across the top while the MH lights are on my tank is stays at 78 -79 degrees.

Is this one of those Red Sea all-in-one tanks, with everything in back and a top over the whole thing?

If so, then you may just end up needing a chiller because you can't blow a fan across the top of the water. As others have said, a fan blowing across the top will do wonders.

I have a Pacific Coast Imports CL-150. It's a Heater and Chiller. Wasnt the cheapest thing on the planet, but my temperature is always right around 79 F. Even with the 150W HQI,and 5 immersed pumps.

Yes this is one of those Red Sea All in one units. I checked their site and there is a fan you can add on. Bought one off of ebay and am looking at a 1/10HP CL-280 Fish Aquarium Chiller and I'm betting that's the direction I will have to go. How hard is it to install a line in unit?

On a positive note ... my sal, ph, and am are finally on track and it's turning brown in the tank!

Back
Top Bottom