Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to M Rako
Water circulation in a 55 gal. salt swim tank,

Its been about 6, or 7 years since I tore down my 5 saltwater tanks, and I used to think I knew it all. Funny how time changes everything.!
My problem is water circulation... Too much, not enough!!!! My 55 gal swim tank with two Millenium 550 pwr. heads (for circulation ) My penguin 330 bio-wheel pwr. filter does Ok, but it just doesn't seem to be enough current throughout the whole tank, I recently tried putting my Rio 4HF hyper flow pwr. head in with only one of my other pwr heads, and it seems too much! anyone out there got something for this Circulation confusion!

Old 05-08-2005, 11:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Kohan Bros.
What makes you think its too much circulation? What fish, corals, or inverts do you have. Depending the type of livestock it might be too much or too little.

HTH

Old 05-09-2005, 01:22 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to M Rako
My 55 gal. was started on 4/30/05, and as of 5/05/05 I'm thru my nitrification cycle. I have A fire tomato clown, candy shrimp, arrow crab, and a Condi. anemone that my tomato clown loves!
My intentions for this tank, is to have a nice peacefull community. A couple pigmy angel's, and maybe a blue tang, and poss. 3-5 blue chromies.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How is everything doing? Seems like too much too soon from everything I've been reading.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ximat
It does seem too soon to have any inhabitants in there.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:58 AM   #6

So again, what makes you think that you have too much or too little, specifically for you?

My 55G took 2 1/2 months to stock. I only use one powerhead, two wall hung filters, and a protein skimmer. It seems fine

Tags
55 gallon, circulation, salt, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com