Water parameters for a newb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I changed my filter pads and siphoned out the red slime on Friday and looks like its not starting up again!

Another question, I am still dealing with a small amount of red slime on the sand bed only, I am also seeing some coming out of the output of my p skimmer, should I be cleaning the inside of the skimmer also?? Not just the collection cup, it's an aqua c remora with the maxi 1200

i also run a remora with the mj1200. I havent cleaned the actual skimmer yet, just the collection cup and mine is still working fine. :)

I haven't cleaned it internally mainly cause its so heavy and such a pain. I would think that it might work better if it were clean, maybe you can give it a try. :)

Do you have a photo of the algae? Is it red, green or ?

Alrite Carey I took it off today and cleaned the ph the collection cup which had slime in it but not much foam or liquid, and I rinsed the inside of the whole unit with scalding hot water did that a couple times Hopfully that helps... Where should I set my collection cup height?? I had it about half way up but when I put it back to gather today I set it at it's lowest

i set mine in the middle and go from there. If you get too much liquid just set the cup up a tad bit higher. If its not pulling anything lower. Just give it a few days to and see where you are at.

I haven't been getting much of anything I wonder if it's because my tanks small, it used to pull lots of stuff

That also can be a factor. I f you dont have much to skim then you won't be getting anything in the collection cup.

Which makes having it pointless? Lol of course I still only have my two clowns an lawn mower, so maybe not much bio load coupled with my religious 10 gal weekly water change which will be happening tonight, I just gotta find out where this phosphate is coming from!! My whole sand bed is covered some red slime and some a greenish brown color

Here's a few pics of my sand bed everything else looks great it's just the sand that's nasty

Attachments

• image-152403692.jpg
    image-152403692.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3656287524.jpg
    image-3656287524.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 70
I've heard that red slime can for in a tank that has to little oxygen should I try to increase my surface aggitation??

Some of my coraline is getting covered by this white stuff is this something to be worried about??

Attachments

• image-3702312890.jpg
    image-3702312890.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 60
Picked up a yellow tail damsel today, just a little guy anyone able to tell me about em?? I dripped and added him can't seem to find him must be getting used to the tank

Back
Top Bottom