Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #81
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok thanks for the advice! I've got too much money wrapped up in this and I really love the colors found in SW aquariums so I can't help not being on top of everything and my gf and I love watching it before bed we don't even put the tv on haha, as for that algae it looks pretty strange im still hoping it will go away like everyone says it will, but I guess it makes sense that they're releasing gas if they respire using photosynthesis?? I dunno lol but I'll keep you posted with tomorrows pwc, I need to get one of those gravel attachments so I can maybe get rid of some of it!! Again thanks for all the help

Old 06-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

No problem. Enjoy your fish!

Old 06-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Freak

Think I should get something to eat some of this algae?? It's everywhere lol it brown algae, I have to go to the fish store to get ro later anyways
Old 06-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #84
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hmm I wouldn't add anything living to the tank yet. The brown will die off though. Eventually....
Old 06-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok well I'm about to test the water then go do a pwc I'll keep u posted
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Freak

Noticing I slight odor coming from the tank is that normal?? Nothin real bad but jw
Old 06-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowsdime
Noticing I slight odor coming from the tank is that normal?? Nothin real bad but jw
Does it smell like low tide? I get that on occassion
Old 06-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #88
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hmm wish I could tell you I don't make it to the beach much ! Lol, I'm too Irish and too pale, but it's not a stinky smell just sorta saltier than normal
Old 06-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #89
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Probably fine, where do you keep your salinity at? Or could be the sweet smell of salt since you've been doing so many pwc's LOL
Old 06-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #90
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lol it's usually between 1.025 an 26, just did a pwc of 10 gal. And am just finishing the tests
Ph: 8.3
Am:0
Trite:0
Trate: looks to be between 40 and 20
So it still seems to be coming down!!

And I bought a gravel vac and sucked up alot of the brown algae that was in the sand, it wouldn't get it off the rock tho :-/ bummer, I ordered a mag float glass cleaner on eBay those things are expensive in the stores!! I was able to get one for 12 bucks they wanted like 25 at the store! Also I went to a diff store for the ro it was half the price of the other store, but I took your advice and ran a test before I mixed my salt in and it came back clean! I really need to figure out how to work my rodi!

Tags
meters, parameters, water parameters

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com