Water questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EriksFish315

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright so first off I have a slight film on the top of my water and I notice several other tanks at my reef store also have it is it normal? Or just from a newish started tank? Also how do you get pods in your tank?

Edit thought of one more question for a 55g are protein skimmer and sump neccesary to start with or can. Wait until. Go back to work (landscaper get a nice winter break this year had almost o snow in syracuse)

I was doing 10g water changes at least on my 55g. I would suggest a skimmer on the tank but not necessarily a sump. I was using a fluval canister filter on my 55g with no problem at all. But a sump is nice to have if you can fit one under the tank in the stand. :)

Also think I could only fit a small sized sump under then tank lol there's not a lot of room. Mayb a 20long.

I think a 20l tank for a sump would be a great idea if you can fit it. :)

Pods come from the live rock and will build a strong colony up if the conditions are right. It takes months of good conditions and plenty of live rock for them to live and multiply in. Are you thinking a fish that needs pods? lol

Well I read the cardinal I have could use pods. At the moment idk what he's been eating any reccomendations?

I think cardinals will eat regular old frozen foods. :) I would try some flake and maybe even pellets. As far as I know they aren't known to be that picky of an eater.

I always have brine shrimp, mysis shrimp and bloodworms on hand. I buy the one pound flat packs but the cubes should be fine too.

Sweet thanks for all the help several times. The only place that is helpful in my area ic ABC Reefs all the other places are terrible.

Back
Top Bottom