water source help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I was buying gallons of distilled water at Walmart for 0.88 a jug then I bought some buckets and started buying rodi from my lfs that is an hour away for 0.75 cents a gallon.

Today I found a glacier water dispenser at the publix next to my wifes work that cost $1.50 for 5 gallons

Is this water good to use. It says it is ro filtered and a bunch of other filters.

Also will the machine fill my 5 gallon buckets or do I have to buy a jug?

The machine says this:

Activated Carbon Filter
Micron Filter
Reverse Osmosis
Post Carbon Filter
Ultraviolet Light

I know it is not di water so its not as good as the water from lfs
But is it better than distilled?

I hope a bucket will fit in the machine

I use Glacier and have seen .002 and .003 on my handheld TDS meter. I figure its much, much better than tap. Until I can convince my wife to plunk down the money for an RODI unit, I'm going with this. Have not had any water quality issues about a year into this FOWLR.

I use 5 gal containers. I saw Winco had them a while ago for around $5. They fit fine.

I use Glacier and have seen .002 and .003 on my handheld TDS meter. I figure its much, much better than tap. Until I can convince my wife to plunk down the money for an RODI unit, I'm going with this. Have not had any water quality issues about a year into this FOWLR.

I use 5 gal containers. I saw Winco had them a while ago for around $5. They fit fine.

Cool. I'm going to try 5 gallon buckets cause I have a bunch I bought for water

I used to lug water back and forth and many told me to get an RO system and I thought it was not worth it.

I caved in and bought a 5 stage RO system on e-bay for $100 including shipping.

Do the math....even if you only do 1 mth water changes and top ups, the system will pay for itself after 1 year.

I won't even talk about the water lugging factor :)

I used to lug water back and forth and many told me to get an RO system and I thought it was not worth it.

I caved in and bought a 5 stage RO system on e-bay for $100 including shipping.

Do the math....even if you only do 1 mth water changes and top ups, the system will pay for itself after 1 year.

I won't even talk about the water lugging factor :)

I am buying one eventually but for now I'm lugging lol. If I buy one I'm spending the money to buy a good one.

Back
Top Bottom