Water Storage for my RODI water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callmeq

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I was thinking about using stoarge containers that were previously used for things like fruit syrups (apple, pear, apricot, blackberry, etc), soy sauce, or vinager. They hold up to 50 gallons. Do you know if i could store my RODI water in these?? The person that is selling these said the ones that held vinager and soy sauce still smell like it. What do you think?

callmeq said:
So I was thinking about using stoarge containers that were previously used for things like fruit syrups (apple, pear, apricot, blackberry, etc), soy sauce, or vinager. They hold up to 50 gallons. Do you know if i could store my RODI water in these?? The person that is selling these said the ones that held vinager and soy sauce still smell like it. What do you think?

Why take the chance?... It might be fine or it may bleach into your RODI water and contaminate the whole thing....I've been going thru the exact same thing and have elected to purchase a NEW usda food safe 55 gal plastic drum for making up my pwc for my reef setup. It cost a whole lot more for the new unused one but I'd feel a heck of a lot safer using it,...just my two cents worth,..Dary

Has anyone used priviously used drums like these to store their RODI water? Did it work for you?

You could put rodi in it and let it leech out the bad stuff, might take a while. And many rinses. I use the brute trashcans. Use those others for collecting rain water.

+1 on the brute cans. We have 3 x30 g for our storage and water changes. 1 for collection, 1 for removing the bad water and 1 final for making the new water.

Good luck, but I wouldn't chance it unless you just use it to remove bad wanted from the DT.

Collection from our RODI unit. We fill the whole can up as we use for drinking and to off as well as water changes.

The water we make with the unit is A LOT tastier than the junk coming out of my faucet down here in south Florida. The water here tastes dirty. We are from ny and miss plain old tap water to drink. But, I have to say, the weather is a lot more agreeable. Coldest it got this "winter" was about 60, maybe...

Good luck

Oh believe me I know my family has a house on singer island. Tap is disgusting. NJ water tastes good. But Florida weather...... Nothing like it!

Jersey water is good too, have to admit. Also, I miss my Poland spring. Even that zephyr...junk...is junk!!!

The RODI tastes a bit flat, but better than dirty. Singer island is not too far from me, I'm in Boca. Aquariums are big down here, just picked up a fox coral over the weekend. Beautiful specimen. All puffed up, looks gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom