Water storage tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spotted

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, a quick question on water storage. Would there be any problems if I used glass aquariums for water storing? Like for RO/DI then another as saltwater storage?
I've seen posts and videos of people using those food grade barrels for water storage only to have TDS after several years of use. Can't that all be prevented by using glass tanks?
I'm thinking of using 2 30 gallon glass tanks as water storage as mentioned above. Would there be any drawbacks?

If they're good enough to keep fish in than I'd gather they'd be good enough to keep water for the fish in, in... in!

I use three brutes
Tap ,RO no DI and RO/DI.
Been doing this for years and my RO/ DI that may set a week in the brute always registers zeros on my HM TDS meter..

Currently I got a couple brutes, but no place to hide them. Wifey has been very tolerant so far, but holidays are coming up.
I have a little storage under my stairs and was going to build a rack to hold the 2 tanks. Tucked away, under the stairs, behind a door.
I was thinking of using plastic boards they sell at big box stores. Those corrugated sign boards and some gorilla tape to fashion some kind of lid.

So, a quick question on water storage. Would there be any problems if I used glass aquariums for water storing? Like for RO/DI then another as saltwater storage?
I've seen posts and videos of people using those food grade barrels for water storage only to have TDS after several years of use. Can't that all be prevented by using glass tanks?
I'm thinking of using 2 30 gallon glass tanks as water storage as mentioned above. Would there be any drawbacks?

I use a glass aquarium for water storage and it works great. I have a cover and do run a small filter just to keep the water aerated since it sits for a week before I use it.

Back
Top Bottom