water temp! help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonathanMars

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I live in California and its starting to get really warm since summer is approaching. Unfortunately my house does not have ac. How can I keep my water temp leveled. It's been getting to 80 degrees.

You can add a fan... you can also add "bags" of ice You would probably want them sealed so you don't add a bunch of water to the tank. You could get a chiller. You could change your lighting so it doesn't add as much heat to the tank... but if you are having problems already... I think a chiller is your best bet (expensive and can get stuck in the "on" position). But a fan can do amazing things (does increase your water evaporation a lot.)
Do you think you could post some photos of your setup (showing air flow, lighting, and sump ect.)

This.is my 29gal bc. I have 6 bulb t5 lighting but the bulbs don't heat up water really cuz if the fan on the light. Um I think my house just gets really hot during the day when im not home

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110503_213124.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110503_213124.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 109
Protein skimmer.in chamber 1. Media basket with chem pure elite and cheato in the second.chamber and Stock return pump with uv sterilizer in third.chamber

Can you show some pictures of your setup? I love to look at tanks but we are more trying to look at the "hardware" because that's what you need to add to/modify if you are going to make the tank colder.

My.lights and back of my bc

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110503_220050.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110503_220050.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20110503_220155.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110503_220155.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom