Water temp keeps changing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VinnyP

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 12 gallon tank so I'm assuming the water can change quickly, I have a 50w heater which works fine but I have taken it out due to summer and my tank will get to right around 80 on its own, but then it gets so hot we have to turn the air on and then it gets down to around 76. Any suggestion fish are fine so fare but if it keeps doing it I'm scared it's going to effect the.

Please help THANKS

VinnyP said:
I have a 12 gallon tank so I'm assuming the water can change quickly, I have a 50w heater which works fine but I have taken it out due to summer and my tank will get to right around 80 on its own, but then it gets so hot we have to turn the air on and then it gets down to around 76. Any suggestion fish are fine so fare but if it keeps doing it I'm scared it's going to effect the.

Please help THANKS

I doubt that the temp will affect the fish to much. But just to be safe, I suggest you get a chiller.

Temperature fluctuation will effect your fish. Chillers being expensive to buy and run, I always just leave the AC on, but I'm in Florida, so we pretty much have to anyway.

I'm in fl to I got a chiller my temps were always all over the road know its stable

Yeah, chillers are great, just expensive, especially for larger tanks. I keep the AC at 75 and my tank stays at 78-79 degrees. My tank is also on an inner wall, this may help keep it consistent.
Just offering that a chiller isn't the only solution.

I had issues in my biocube with heat so i just leave one of the top door flaps open during the day and it keeps my temp at a constant 80. i also dont use a heater at all, never have even in winter. I am in Florida as well too. :) But i can't really justify the expense if a chiller, not with my budget lol

Back
Top Bottom