waterflow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elchakas

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys. I have a question im a bit confused about. Im about to start a reef and im wondering how much gph flow do i need in a 60g?.. thanks

I have a 60g cube that i am gonna use a vortech mp10 on. BUT if I wasnt gonna use that one powerhead I would have gone with 2 koralia 550's most likely.

Ohhh.. i bought my wavmakers out of ebay and dont really now the brand.. just know the gph.. so then i guess ill use the two 792 will b good?... and btw thanks for the help.. =))

Yep, those should work ok. :) Ypu may find in the fiture that you need another one but I'd go with what you got and see.

Good luck!

And you're very welcome! lol

Do those usually brek?.. hahahah. Well thanks alot again.. =)

i hear incredible things about the vortech pumps, im getting 2 mp10s for my new 55 gallon build

I have a 60g cube and was going to use a MP10, but the acrylic was 3/4" thick, so I got an mp40. It's More than enough, as I don't ever have it set higher than 30-40%.

IMO, unless ya get the MP's, more power heads are better than 1. A kinda of general rule, is 15-25% for a general FOWLR or softie tank, 25-35% for LPS, and 50-70% for an SPS. But that gets complicated with what certain PH and what corals, controllers, etc.

I have 3000 GPH, running in my 55g mixed reef on a wave maker and it seems about right.

Fish noob said:
I have a 60g cube and was going to use a MP10, but the acrylic was 3/4" thick, so I got an mp40. It's More than enough, as I don't ever have it set higher than 30-40%.

Is the mp40 the only pump u have in the 60 gallon?

I read an arrival that someone wrote about how a aquarium in the home with the most flow u can get without blowing the sand doesn't even compare to the amount of flow on the calmest reef. I forget what that reef section is called but the ocean there is considered a great attraction due to the calm current. So I say now as long as the sand isn't blowing. Ur good. I have a mp40 running in a 55g with a 1400 koralia in the other side.

So what would be the best placement for 2wavemakers in my 60g?

Jason thats some crazy interesting fact..

It seems true to me. Just make sure its not a laminer flow

Aight cool thanks... i have them facing eachother but one in the front and one in the back

Back
Top Bottom